Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate covered cherry? If ya do, here’s a quick and easy healthy recipe for you to snack on. I’ve actually posted a quick recipe of these awhile back in a What I Ate Wednesday post. I’m working on gathering up my recipes and posting them in a central place on my site so they’re easier to access – which lead me to make these again.
These delicious bites of heaven are made with a favorite of my daughter and myself. I make these with Peanut Butter Co Dark Chocolate Dreams. Sorry Nutella, I’d rather have Dark Chocolate Dreams any day.
After you make them, you can roll them in cocoa powder to make them almost like truffles.
However you want – just eat them.
- 6 Tbsp. Oats
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Dash of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Dreams.
- Cocoa powder for rolling (if you want them extra chocolaty.)
- Pulse the oatmeal & almonds in food processor until desired consistency. Add in the rest of ingredients process until it comes together.
- Roll into balls and chill in the fridge.
You can try a different nut if you wish, or a different nut butter of course. You may need to add more of the binder (nut butter) if your mixture looks too dry. This is definitely not an exact science - it all depends on the ingredients you're using!
If you don't have that particular peanut butter, you can always sub regular peanut butter and just add more coco powder.
I used my oxo small cookie scoop and made 9 good size balls.