Microwave Cakes Are Butt Ugly But Taste Good
No matter how tasty a microwave creation may be, they just look darn icky. I think if you’re like me, and you test recipes like this a lot you can see the beauty in them as a fellow instagramer or WIAW’er – but otherwise you might be thinking, “What the heck is that?”. Not the prettiest of creations, but they make a fabulous good for you snack in a pinch.
This recipe is something I posted awhile back attached to a WIAW post and I find it funny that the awful looking picture seems to be one of the most pinned ones from my site. Ok, so this picture isn’t much better, but didn’t I just rant about that?
Although I think it’s fun to see the apples in the bottom if your mug is clear. The little things folks.
- 1/2 Apple
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 Heaping Tbsp. greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. oat flour
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Tea. baking powder
- 1 Splenda Packet (or sweetner of choice)
- 1/4 tea. Cinnamon, Splash of Vanilla Extract
- Thinly slice 1/2 an apple and place in the bottom of an oiled microwave safe bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave for about 2-2 1/2 minutes to soften apples.
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl (this includes the 1/4 tea cinnamon), add wet ingredients and combine. Poor over apples and microwave for about 2 more minutes. Eat out of the mug once cooled, or flip over onto a plate.
Feel free to try different flour combos, or all just one flour type - I'm just weird and like to mix mine.