Low Fat Low Sugar Pumpkin Bread
I’ve said it a few times, but I love pumpkin. Pumpkin isn’t just a fall flavor for me, I love it year round. Here’s a low fat, low sugar, pumpkin bread recipe of mine that each person in my family enjoys!
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat White Flour
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tea. Baking Soda
- 1 Tea. Baking Powder
- 1 Tea. Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 - 1 Tea. Cinnamon (I like a lot of cinnamon)
- 1/2 Tea Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tea Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Combine dry ingredients and stir in large bowl (both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt).
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, greek yogurt, egg, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, and coconut oil)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 for 45-50 mins in a greased bread pan. Let cool for a few minutes then remove from pan.
Of course you can use whatever type of oil and milk that you wish. I find this to be the perfect sweetness - you may prefer to add a little more brown sugar but keep in mind this is a healthier recipe ;)