Zucchini Bread Protein Pancakes
Most days I eat a sweet breakfast (usually oatmeal), sometimes pancakes, and even the occasional sweet omelette. It’s the only meal of the day that I don’t always eat a veggie with – but isn’t it nice when you can sneak veggies into sweet creations first thing in the morning? Yep. Insert Zucchini Bread Pancakes.
I go through lots of zucchini in my house. Sauteed zucchini, zucchini in my oatmeal, and lots of zucchini loaves and pancakes too.
- 1/3 C. Oat Flour
- 3 TBSP. GNC 100% Whey Protein - Vanilla
- 1 Tea. Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Zucchini
- 6 TBSP. Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/4 C. Greek Yogurt Plain
- 1/4-1/2 Tea Cinnamon (depending on personal taste)
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 Tea. Vanilla Extract
- Sweetener if you wish
- Walnuts and raisins if you wish (do NOT add these into the batter). 1 TBSP. each
- Grate your zucchini and remove some of the excess water from the zucchini, but you don't have the squeeze the life out of it. Then measure out 1/4 cup.
- Mix your dry ingredients first then incorporate your wet ingredients. Cook those babies up! Like most of my pancake recipes, this will be a little thicker - especially because of the zucchini. Use a tablespoon and spread a huge dollop out for each pancake.
- If your batter looks too try, I suggest adding another TBSP of yogurt.
If you are adding the raisins and walnuts, sprinkle them onto the pancakes after you have spread your batter out while the first side is cooking. Otherwise they come out all wonky shaped Clear as mud? Fantastic! Now go enjoy your veggies, pancakes, and protein all in one! Your mother would be so proud.