Core Power Protein Giveaway + Strawberry Banana Chia Pudding
Disclaimer: This post contains a product that was sent to me from the company to test. This in no way reflects my thoughts within the post.
It was just another icy day recently (we have been having wayyy too many of those), when I hear a wrap on my door. I usually don’t like unannounced visitors, but I’ll never turn Mr. Brown Britches (aka the UPS man) away with a nice fit goodie surprise! This particular package was from Core Power, who were recently named “The Official Protein Drink of Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games!”.
I admit that I am not one to usually buy premixed protein drinks, which is what Core Power is all about. Mostly because I’m usually at home when I’m drinking a shake, and because most of the time they are chalky and or have a weird aftertaste. Glad to say that this certainly isn’t the case with the Core Power Proteins.
Core Power protein drinks contain natural whey and casein proteins found in milk – because well, they are made from milk! I appreciate the minimal ingredient list in these as I’m sure a lot of you will as well. I also liked that there is a light version!
I tried the chocolate (both the regular and the light), as well as the strawberry banana. Before I tried them I had pretty much decided that the chocolate would be my favorite – because I’m a chocolate fiend. But I’m really surprised that I actually preffered the Strawberry Banana. It surprised me because I’m not a fan of the combo for some reason. I adore them separately, but bring em both to the party and I’ll pass. Core Power is available in: chocolate, strawberry banana, banana, and vanilla. The light options are available in: chocolate and strawberry banana.
Nutrition experts agree that milk is one of the best sources of protein, as good for elite athletes as it is for active lifestyles. Our products contain the natural whey and casein proteins from milk, never removed from their original liquid state.
- Milk protein contributes to muscle development while the natural carbohydrates of honey provide the energy to rebuild muscle and glycogen stores. Consumption of carbs with protein after a workout optimizes muscle recovery and growth.
- Made from fresh milk and real honey, one great-tasting, lactose-free serving of Core Power provides athletes and fitness enthusiasts with 26 grams of high quality fresh milk proteins, consisting of 21 grams of casein proteins and 5 grams of whey proteins. The light versions still pack a heck of a punch, serving up 20 grams of the same high quality fresh milk proteins.
- The unique nutritional profile of Core Power uses the best proteins and delivers calories that your body can actually use.
- Milk’s unique ratio of whey and casein proteins builds lean muscle while its vitamins and minerals keep the body healthy.
- Honey boosts athletic performance and endurance while reducing muscle fatigue.
Good stuff right?! But yes, it tastes good. 😉
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 Tea. Chia Seeds
- 1 C. Core Light Strawberry Banana Protein
- 1 Small handful frozen strawberries
- 1/2 Small Banana cut up into small chunks
- Throw all ingredients into a sealed container and shake well. Place in fridge, after another 15 mins or so, give it another shake then let set overnight.
Other than the tasty protein they sent along, they also kindly sent me this awesome Fit Kit! It contains a super camelbak water bottle, a ball (and pump!), a towel, a yoga mat, and a really amazing gym bag. The bag even has a place to stash your yoga mat in the top! And while you’re waiting on your chia pudding to set up, go ahead and enter this sweet giveaway too!
So even though you don’t get the workout from shaking your blender bottle because these proteins are already mixed for you – that ball, well that shit doesn’t come inflated, so that my friends consider that a part of your workout 😉
Are you a strawberry Banana Fan?
Do you watch the Witner Olympic Games?
Have you tried chia pudding yet?
PS: My Michelle Bridges Giveaway is still going on too, so don’t miss out on that opportunity!!