Dark Chocolate Antioxidant No Bake Protein Bars
Everyone loves a good no bake recipe. Why is that? Maybe I ask because I enjoy baking. But I guess I can also appreciate a good no bake recipe every once in awhile.
Let me get your attention right away. These are Chocolate protein no bake bar. A little chocolate always makes everything a better.
They also have goji’s and blueberries in them (hence the antioxidant part). You could use any dried berries you wish, but that’s what I went with.
- 1/2 C. Cellucor Whey Protein in Molten Chocolate
- 1/2. C Oats
- 2 Tbsp Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa
- 6 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C. Almond Meal
- 1 Tbsp. Maca Powder
- 1/2 C. Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 C. Peanut Butter
- 1/4 C. Dried Goji Berries + Blueberries
- In a small bowl soak your dried fruit until it has plumped a little. Squeeze excess water from fruit and place into a medium sized bowl.
- Combine all your other ingredients and mix well.
- That's it. For reals.
- Store them in the fridge.
You’ll notice that my berries look a little smooshy (highly technical term) in the photos. And that’s because I did soak them for a little. You don’t have to do this, but a lot of times gojis are a weee on the hard/very chewy side. You might also need to barely adjust the moisture otherwise (add more applesauce and or peanut butter) if you don’t soak your fruit.
This is mold I use when I make a lot of my protein bars. It’s a silicone mold with 9 spaces. It’s called a “loaf pan” but it’s certainly not loaf size at all. So don’t be fooled by the amazon description.
What’s your favorite no bake recipe?
Do you make your own protein/energy type bars?