Punch Up Your Cardio & A Tasty Cookie
Where the heck is spring?! It’s been a kind of wintery mix all day here and it’s dreary and awful. I hate dark and wet days when there’s a million things on my to do list because it just seems a little harder to get going physically. I started the day with some snuggles with my chihuahua Mojito because I’m still not at 100% better from this lingering sickness. After that I did some design work and ate a giant preworkout pancake. If you follow me on instagram you may have been seeing this said ginormous preworkout pancake. I’m going to share the recipe soon.
source: tribe sports blog
After this I did Les Mills Combat: Power Kata 45. I love love combat as a different way to get awesome cardio in. Other than being a great workout, it’s fun. The trainers are awesome and well, anything that involves punching and kicking is just a great stress reliever for me. Without fail, everytime I do one of these workouts my Polar is telling me I’m improving my fitness. Good stuff right?
Cardio isn’t always about being on machine at the gym, or running, or walking. It’s always great to mixup the type of cardio you’re getting in. You can read up on why you should change up your cardio routine here and here.
- 2 Tbsp. Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Cereal (I used all bran)
- 1 Tbsp. Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. Almond Butter
- Extra Toppings: more almond butter, 1/2 sliced banana, and melted chocolate.
- Mix oats, ground cereal, protein powder, applesauce, protein powder, and almond butter in a bowl. Smoosh everything together - you want a sort of dry, but not overly dry mixture. Enough to hold it's shape. Form into a cookie. Top with additional toppings if you'd like. I melted a little dark chocolate and let it set up and cool in the fridge.
adapted from stuftmama.com
How’s the weather where you are? Spring like yet? Does the weather effect your work out drive/mojo?